Family to Family
Are you caring for a loved one with a mental illness? Find help with the Family to Family education program. Family-to-Family is a free education program family caregivers of individuals with mental illnesses. Gain knowledge, support and the collective experience of others.
What You Should Expect
- Meets for 12 session, 2.5 hours each, free of cost.
- Designed for loved ones (over age 18) of individuals living with mental illness.
- Taught by trained family members of individuals living with mental illness.
- Provides critical information and strategies related to caregiving.
- Incorporates presentations, discussion and exercises.
- Designated an Evidence Based Practice in 2013 by SAMHSA.
A tribute video containing moving testimonials about the NAMI Family-to-Family program from family members and course instructors.
Why You Should Attend
- A toolkit of information
- Up-to-date information about a range of mental illnesses, including co-occurring mental illnesses and substance use disorders.
- Impact of mental illness on the brain.
- Current research on treatments including medication, side effects and evidence-based therapies.
- Training in preparedness and emotional resiliency
- Skills related to managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively.
- Strategies for self-care including management of stress and emotional overload.Guidance on locating appropriate local supports and services.
Build a support community
Perhaps most importantly, as a participant you can gain comfort in knowing you are not alone. Recovery is a journey and there is hope for all families and individuals dealing with a mental illness. The in-person group experience of NAMI Family-to-Family provides the opportunity for mutual support and positive impact. You can experience compassion and reinforcement from people who relate to your experiences. Through your participation, you have the opportunity to help others grow.
Would you like to take a Family to Family course? Contact the office or visit our events page for upcoming registration.
Pre-registration is required, call (360) 493-6021 or email: email@example.com