Call for Board Members!
Our NAMI community is growing! We are receiving many new requests for programs and services; we are excited about the opportunities and the growing NAMI awareness in Thurston and Mason counties.
Our NAMI T-M Board now has openings for new board members to assist with guiding and advising how we can meet our communities’ increasing needs. At our annual May meeting, we will elect new board members, each serving a three-year term.
Here is what your board does:
- Promote NAMI – our Mission and programs
- Oversee policies and procedures
- Provide input on fundraising
- Listen to our community and report back
- Oversee program plans and assess evaluations
- Choose a committee to lead, contribute your talents, experience and knowledge
The board meets the Third Tuesday of each month, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Board members are asked to attend at least 10 of 12 meetings each year, and support two to three of our special events such as fundraisers or educational meetings as a representative of NAMI.
Please consider sharing your expertise as a board member – yes, you have EXPERTISE!
If you are an interested applicant please send the following 2 items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Your message of interest with brief bio
2. Your completed volunteer application
Please contact us if you have any questions!
President, NAMI Thurston-Mason