Washington state senator unveils bill to aid people who refuse treatment for drug addiction or mental-health issuesFebruary 12, 2020
Jan. 31, 2020 at 6:15 pm Updated Feb. 1, 2020 at 11:24 pm By Joseph O’Sullivan The Seattle Times https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/washington-state-senator-unveils-bill-to-aid-people-who-refuse-treatment-for-drug-addiction-or-mental-health-issues/
OLYMPIA — When her 33-year-old son leaves jail or a treatment center after a mental-health and drug-addiction crisis, Theresa Yates says, there’s nothing to keep him from winding up back on the streets.
After an episode, he’ll be taken to jail and then involuntarily detained at a hospital or treatment center, said Yates, 54, of Tacoma.
“They’ll let him back on the street Read More
- Brain-wave pattern can identify people likely to respond to antidepressant, study finds
- How To Move Forward After Going Through A Crisis
- 5 Reminders For Survivors Of Trauma
- NAMI Washington Lobby Day coming Monday, February 17, 2020!! Make your voice heard!
- NAMI “Smarts for Advocacy” helps you write your story to speak with a policy maker! Learn more here…